1. Tracking Energy Consumption: Tracking real-time electric usage and consumption so they can costs increase or decrease
2. Control Devices: Users can easily control gadgets from anywhere
3. Setting Up Schedules: Users can create automation with routines, schedule the time of on/off of the devices
4. Goals: Users can see energy usage than can manage the monthly budgets
1. Discovery Phase
User Interview and Surveys
What I did: At the discovery phase of my project, I conducted user interviews and surveys in order to get a better understanding of the problem and required findings.
1. I decided to choose the research method first because I know it's going to help me get a clue as to what users really needs
2. I conducted an interview with some students and young professionals to discover their pain points, needs, and requirements.
3. I asked questions like. "what are the recent problems people face when they leave their homes and no one is watching on their properties?"
4. As per my findings, I decided to for a young and tech-savvy guy who was already using tech on a daily basis.
1. Manage homes by smartphone
2. Home security are made easy to set using smart home devices
3. Smart notifications to reduce.
"Being energy efficient helps me save money."
~ Kyle Ferguson, Interviewee
2. Define Phase
What I did: Based on the interviews/workshop I set up a persona which as refered to throughout the entire product development process.
What I did: I mapped out the users’ steps to see how I could simplify their journey to help them reach their most important goals with the product.
3. Creating a solution
What I did: In a bid to solve the problems my users are facing from the personas, I came up with a product that connects your phone or computer to an IoT device so users can monitor their houses from anywhere in the world